Unbundled Name Change Services

Assistance with Name Change in Arkansas through Destiny Law Firm’s Unbundled Service Offerings

What does this package include?

  • Civil Cover Sheet
  • Petition for Name Change
  • Order for Name Change
  • Disposition sheet

What do I do with these documents?

  • Pick up your documents from us, and review them carefully.
  • Sign the Petition for Name Change.
  • Take the Civil Cover Sheet, Petition for Name Change to the courthouse for filing.

After the Civil Cover Sheet and Petition for Name Change have been filed, then you will need to take the filed Petition for Name Change and Order for Name Change to the judge’s office. You can ask the court clerk who filed your documents who the judge is and where there office is located.

Your phone number will be on the documents, and you can request that the judge’s office notify you by phone when the Order has been signed.

Once the Order is signed, you will need to return to the clerk’s office to request a Certified Copy of the Order. You will need a certified copy for various institutions including schools, financial institutions, and the government (i.e. Social Security, IRS, etc.). It may cost approximately $20 to receive one certified copy. If you advise the clerk that the Order was just signed by the judge and this is the first time you are receiving it, they may waive the certification fee for you.

Once you pick up your signed Order of Name Change, you will need to file the disposition sheet with the court clerk’s office.

If you need to follow up on your case, you can lookup your case on the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) website.

To use the AOC, you can go to http://www.pulaskiclerk.com

  • Click on Court Records (5th one down in the list on the left side of the homepage)
  • Click on Search by person name, business name, or case type
  • Click Accept
  • Then on the next page, enter your first and last name in the designated boxes and click submit. If your results come back with hundreds of results that do not pertain to you, then try selecting the county you filed in and submit the query again. This should help narrow your results to the case you are looking for.
contact destiny law firm